Hi. First thing is say: Congratulations! BannerBomb is incredible. I have to test it yet in Wii 4.0 but right now is useful. I made a capture in one of the bugs, when you say "no" to run boot.elf and go again to SD channels. Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?0d4cuj3mzdd . I hope you can get a stable version as soon as possible. Duhow —Preceding undated comment added 06:00, 15 May 2009 (UTC).
Comex, I gotta say, you rock. You're a hero to homebrew fans everywhere.-- Hyperman 20:03, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
This page is kept because it is humorous. hahaha. Whoever did that, nice. --ChuckBartowski 06:32, 24 May 2009 (UTC) Comex made it with the Humorous thing, then ShuyGuy removed it and added it again. Wiiguy 12:52, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
A god among men
Wow...... two amazing wii exploits, one iPhone jail break and the first iPad jail break I mean you could possibly be better than marcan Wright 11:10, 9 April 2010 (UTC)
I just thought of this potentially lame rewrite of the "Confirmed For Brawl" meme as a possible name for the new exploit ;)
-> Confirmed For Brew + variation.
--Master5o1 06:53, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
- He will name it himself..... however the video title is catchy.--ChuckBartowski 23:21, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
Bannerbomb Bricked my Wii
You did a AWFUL job warning people to not use the SD card menu, esp. those who amuse it works like a normal SD channel.—Preceding unsigned comment added by Mattwo (talk • contribs) 06:25, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
- i amuse you meant assume :D also, wtf are you talking about? Yossi 07:36, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
- BannerBomb doesn't change your NAND! How it exactly bricked your Wii? --Elisherer 12:11, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
Smash Stack article
I took the liberty to write up an initial article for the exploit. I am not likely to keep it updated, so keep that in mind.--henke37 13:35, 29 September 2009 (UTC)
Do you believe that the SmashStack exploit is theoretically possible for the PAL version the same way as it is for NTSC, or have you examined a copy of it already and found that it does not exist in the PAL version? Thanks, Retal 18:59, 29 September 2009 (UTC)
- A PAL SmashStack would be the best news. It would help many users that can't even start the SysMenu. Please don't forget us! Maddoc 21:20, 8 October 2009 (UTC)
- Agree. Would it just be a case of changing the directory name to match the title ID of the Pal version, or would it require a modification and recompile? Crundy 14:45, 1 February 2010 (UTC)
I've tested, we need a modification and recompile... tboss 16:53, 3 September 2010
Please Comex, do your Smash Stack for PAL ! tboss 16:53, 3 September 2010
are you by any chance willing to work on a dsi exploit almost the same way as bannerbomb(with a malformed banner)?
Hey, Comex, my twin brother, Alam and I found some issues with the wii formatter tool.
- before the lol commit, It fails to load large WAD file in memory, for example, loading the 3.1 system menu wad, which is a little over 21MB, into MEM1, that is only 24MB large, causes a exception 300. We made changes to make it load the WAD file into the MEM2 space.
- after the lol commit, it would load pieces of the WAD at 0x91000000, but the AES code uses 0x92000000, so sooner or later, AES overwrite the WAD data, and boom, crash" - AlamA
- updated the readme file to list two more IOS WAD file that are needed for the EULA and Region Select channels.
We made patches for these two problems, you can find these patches at alama's formatter at master - GitHub