libGUI is a GUI rendering library ported from a pc project of me to the wii. It uses GX and is written in C++ and makes the creation of graphical user interfaces very easy.
For assisting the development of your GUI theres a simulation modus for Win32 systems using OpenGL with emulation of up to four wiimotes with your mouse.
After releasing a stable version of libGUI I will start to make some changes on my gui/skin editor (sorry, windows only, too) TeEd. It is a wysiwyg application for creating and editing gui's for libGUI.
More info about libGUI will follow in the next days.
- install devkitpro
- extract the libGUI archive to your development path
- include the libGUI header file
Tutorials will follow upon release of libGUI
- Resource-Manager (50%)
- manages Textures, Materials, Fonts and Skins (dynamic loading, unpacking and unloading)
- loading of png, bmp, jpg and raw
- Font-Manager (25%)
- managing dynamic bitmap fonts and truetype fonts (dynamic generation of textures)
- Base Widgets (88%)
- Static Element (base widget for all other widgets, has states, color and pointer events)
- Label (display of text)
- Image (display of images from Resource-Manager-Textures)
- Textbox (input and editing of text)
- Multiline-Textbox (same as Textbox but with more than one line of text)
- Button (Toggle- and Click-Buttons)
- Derived Widgets (15%)
- On-Screen-Keyboard (numeric and alphanumeric)
- Input-Manager (50%)
- managing input from wiimote(s), On-Screen-Keyboard and/or USB-Keyboard
- Localization-Manager (0%)
- planning phase of a localization manager for multi-language gui's
- Log-Manager (75%)
- logging of (debug) messages to screen, files and TCP
- Animation-Manager (0%)
- planning phase of animated guis (like the "from left to right scrolling buttons" in HBC)
- Event-/Message-Handler (25%)
- managing of messages for the gui and the widgets
- raising of events (Key, Pointer, ...)
and much more ;-)
currently working on first release
to be defined, but will be free even for commercial use. Source will maybe released at some time. I need to rewrite some parts, because I used some code from a commercial project I've done some time ago and I'm not able to release these sources.