Difference between revisions of "WiiBrew:Contests"
(my crap too)
|Line 80:||Line 80:|
Revision as of 21:05, 4 February 2008
This is to act as a central point for the requesting, suggesting, and possibly voting on potential logos for projects related to Wii homebrew. Needless to say, all images must be released under an acceptable free license (it will be included in a GPLv2 program) and contain no copyrighted imagery. Each request can be thought of as a "contest".
<segher> i'm sure there will be one design that is head-and-shoulders above the rest
<segher> and we'll just go with that
Many users appear to be coming here to submit artwork, bypassing the Introduction, and aren't familiar with how to use a wiki. If you are a user who wants to post some artwork but cannot figure out how, the following articles will be very helpful:
- Wikipedia Editing Cheatsheet
- How to edit a page (To learn how to do something, search this page)
- How to Link to Uploaded Images
Contest: Zelda Chainloader
Cutoff date for new submissions: TBA, "but don't expect a week" (posted on Feb 4th)
--> Not TBA, at some point in time we'll just take something we like :-) --segher
Names suggested so far:
- 'zelda tp chainloader'
- 'Link's Homebrew Loader'
- Feel free to add to this list!
<segher> anyone want to help? i need a nice logo -- 192x64, and perhaps a 48x48 as well. it's for the zelda chainloader
<segher> i don't know how it's going to be called yet
<segher> it should have "zelda tp" somewhere recognisable in it
An attempt at summarization/clarification:
- Logo should be 192x64 and optionally include another copy at 48x48 (the winner will most likely be asked to provide a 48x48, so it's not entirely necessary now)
- Zelda TP is more of a theme, not literal word usage. Since the name hasn't been decided, even textless logos should be fine
- No copyright violations (no original art directly from any commercial games)
- Potentially even using the word "Zelda" may be copyright infringement (unconfirmed) --> nonsense, it _should_ have "zelda" in it even --segher
Usernames in alphabetical order, pictures in order of release:
- mrshlee (obviously the text font can change)
- (Image is CC - Boring but chainy and padlocky)
- (This image was made by sgstair but I'll ask him if you want it)
Contest: WiiBrew's Homebrew
<segher> the logo should at first glance refer to our homebrew stuff, not just to the game
Separate contest with the same rules we have on all submissions.