Homebrew Channel Background Music Contest?
The Homebrew channel seems to be missing something in the audio department. Shall we have a contest for background music and sfx such as for clicking on buttons or scrolling thru menu items? --GodCube teh Philosopher, Jack of all Trades 02:06, 12 June 2008 (CEST)
- No. The HBC is silent not because we don't have music to put there, but because we haven't had the opportunity to write the code to play it. Bushing 08:14, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
Homebrew Channel Music
- Thanks :D -AussieChris
I just want to suggest the first 6 seconds of Forever by Savage Genius be the music, played once. I know it's copyrighted, but I think a 6-second clip falls under fair use. 188.8.131.52 23:58, 18 March 2008 (PDT)
- I haven't heard the song, but I think commercial music would be a bad idea, even if it is 6 seconds. In my opinion it should be something that fits in with the other Wii channels.
- I just listened to it and I have to say... NO WAY! I don't think I actually made it through 6 seconds of the song - Rokujou 07:25, 19 March 2008 (PDT)
I just listened to it on youtube, I'm not really seeing the appeal at all. We don't need to use commercial stuff, there's plenty of talented musicians around I'm sure
I like the 'songs' made or found by NEO117. They are short but they do really fit in the whole 'Wii-Style' so they are rather simple. The others are real songs and far too long for a Wii-Channel --Kaktus621 10:32, 20 March 2008
- I agree. None of the songs sound particularly "Wii-ish", but Neo117's are definately mt pick of the bunch. -AussieChris
Ah, Superrob, I'm feelin' it! Candidates 2 & 4 are particularly good. Can we have all those tunes? Maybe on some kind random selection? If only we could pop a tune selector on the channel page! -Edam 05:32, 20 March 2008 (PDT)
MAJJAM's been listening to C64's Krakout, obviously. Drmr 17:57, 20 March 2008 (PDT)
I think there's too much action in your songs O.o I think a channel should have something inconspicuously! Your sounds are - i think - too hard, it's just stressing, the only one i do like is MazeMaster's! But still, it's not perfect, i'd do it myself but i don't know how to make beats, i'll give garageband a try ;)
I think the "Wiibrew channel" music from NEO117 is just PERFECT for a Wii-Channel.
I have already given my support to Neo117's entries above, but PeatUzzy's material definitely has a Wii sound to it too. The second one is probably my favorite. All bubbly :D -AussieChris
Is that it then? Is there any future of the Wiibrew channel, now that it's about to be stopped?
- It's only one exploit that has been closed, so it's probably put on a backseat for now, but heading forward, there may well be another time when such things are possible. - Trayne
Right now the channel is still possible --> IOS37 isn't used yet. For now just as for trucha signed discs there is no problem. It could at very least be released as a Proof of concept (I personally simply don't update my Wii). Bushing did say that pretty much what was holding back the channel was the opening.bnr format :). - Scorpei