Difference between revisions of "WiiBrew:Contests"
m (Added information about the winner of the first contest.)
|Line 161:||Line 161:|
=== amoose136 ===
=== amoose136 ===
Creative Commons License. (click
Creative Commons License. (click for details)
Revision as of 01:32, 13 February 2008
This is to act as a central point for the requesting, suggesting, and possibly voting on potential logos for projects related to Wii homebrew. Needless to say, all images must be released under an acceptable free license (it will be included in a GPLv2 program) and contain no copyrighted imagery. Each request can be thought of as a "contest". Be sure to spread the word to anyone you think would be interested about current contests!
<segher> i'm sure there will be one design that is head-and-shoulders above the rest
<segher> and we'll just go with that
Just to point out, there are *two* contests currently running, as shown in the TOC below. Please make entries or move clearly unsuitable entries for the Zelda Chainloader contest to the General Homebrew contest.
- 1 Notes
- 2 Contest: Zelda Chainloader (FINISHED)
- 3 Contest: General Homebrew
Many users appear to be coming here to submit artwork, bypassing the Introduction, and aren't familiar with how to use a wiki. If you are a user who wants to post some artwork but cannot figure out how, the following articles will be very helpful:
- Wikipedia Editing Cheatsheet
- How to edit a page (To learn how to do something, search this page)
- Where to upload images (Register before doing this)
- How to Link to Uploaded Images
Be sure to add usernames in alphabetical order and pictures in order of release.
Because this page is receiving such large amounts of traffic not related to the rest of the wiki, it is exempt from the Loose Rules and offending users will not be penalized. That said, the page still needs to be constantly checked and fixed for common errors. Some of the most common have been:
- Not adding new usernames and entries according to alphabetical order
- Irregular capitalization and grammar. Just follow standard rules of US English grammar.
- (Add any others)
Please fix these problems when you see them.
Contest: Zelda Chainloader (FINISHED)
Cutoff date for new submissions: "at some point in time we'll just take something we like :-)" --segher
Names suggested so far:
- 'zelda tp chainloader'
- 'Link's Homebrew Loader'
- 'Bottled Homebrew'
- 'Zelda Loader'
- 'TP Sploit'
- 'Twilight Hack'
- 'Wii load Mii'
- 'Load Mii'
- 'Exploit Mii'
- Feel free to add to this list!
<segher> anyone want to help? i need a nice logo -- 192x64, and perhaps a 48x48 as well. it's for the zelda chainloader
<segher> i don't know how it's going to be called yet
<segher> it should have "zelda tp" somewhere recognisable in it
- Logo should be 192x64 and optionally include another copy at 48x48 (the winner will most likely be asked to provide a 48x48, so it's not entirely necessary now)
- Zelda TP is more of a theme, not literal word usage. Since the name hasn't been decided, even textless logos should be fine
- No copyright violations (no original art directly from any commercial games)
- It should have the word "zelda" in it
- If you see segher mention any other requirements or details on what he wants, add them here
- retro ascii
(obviously the text font can change)
- (Image is CC - Boring but chainy and padlocky)
- (This image was made by sgstair but I'll ask him if you want it)
Could change the design and colors by request or if i feel like it... Its "pixelart" (no i dont think its art) so it takes alot of time to change things pixel-by-pixel...
Feel free to copy my idea. I think it is a good idea but my Photoshop skills aren't that good. I would be happy to see a nice logo using this idea.
Contest: General Homebrew
<segher> the logo should at first glance refer to our homebrew stuff, not just to the game
This contest is now open!
A lot of the less-specific entries into the Zelda Chainloader contest would be good candidates for the General Homebrew logo.
With blurry reflections.
Creative Commons License. (click images for details)