|Licence||GNU GPL v2|
|Downloadable via the Open Shop Channel|
HomebrewFilter is a loader last updated in 2017 that aims at offering more functionality than the Homebrew Channel.
The HomebrewFilter features the following functions:
- Load Homebrew from SD, USB or both
- Load Homebrew from FAT, NTFS or EXT2/3/4 formatted devices
- Categorize Homebrew (without the need to change directories)
- Download themes, languages, and fonts for HomebrewFilter online
- On-the-fly updates via network connectivity
- Parental controls
- Ability to adjust screen size
- Ability to edit the meta.xml of homebrew
- Debugging WiFi and SD-Card (SD//config/HBF/debug.txt)
- Ability to be run in a cIOS
- No scam screen
- Not all homebrew works when launched from Homebrew Filter
- Only supports QWERTZ keyboard
- Cannot be launched/autobooted from CEIL1NG_CAT without modifications.
Starting with rev42 the HBF comes in 4 flavors:
- Wii Installer: installs the fullchannel for Wii (Path: /apps/HomebrewFilter/)
- Wii Standalone: standalone boot.dol with forwarderchannel for Wii (Path: /apps/HomebrewFilter.Standalone/)
- vWii Installer: installs fullchannel for vWii (Path: /apps/HomebrewFilter.vWii/)
- vWii Standalone: standalone boot.dol with forwarderchannel for vWii (Path: /apps/HomebrewFilter.vWii.Standalone/)
All versions are updatable via online-update. Don’t change paths – will result in non-working updates/forwarders.