Neko Project II
|Neko Project II|
Neko Project II is a port to the Wii of NP2 (Neko Project II), NEC PC-9801 emulator, programmed by Yui. The policy of this port is the minimum change. You must not ask Yui about this Wii version.
original (not including wii) NP2 site (only in Japanese): http://www.retropc.net/yui/np2.html
NOTICE: The download currently points to 0.83 beta5. The last version, 0.83 beta6 is lost for the time being.
- Wiimote, Classic, and Gamecube controllers
- USB-mouse & USB-keyboard
- snapshot (bmp or gif)
- state save & load (five)
- USB-keyboard (may be able to execute all solo-play games without USB-Keyboard by editing /np2/np2.cfg)
How to set up
1) Copy the contens in the HBC directory to your SD/SDHC card or USB storage.
2) Copy game roms files (ex., .d88 (.D88 is OK, too), .hdi) to np2 directory.
When there is the /np2 directory in both SD card and USB storage, the files in SD card are given to priority.
How to use
The on-off of the main menu is toggled by pressing wiimote plus button when pointing monitor.
Select the FDD1->Open menu, and select a game.
Next, select the Emulate->Reset menu.
If you read in Japanese, check the following site. http://www.retropc.net/yui/np2help.html
- Menu (when pointing monitor)
|Aim (=mouse move)|
|Menu on/off (=F11 key)|
|Select menu item (=mouse left button)|
|(=mouse right button)|
Play (when no pointing monitor)
In vertical mode, you can see the system setup menu when you reset np2 with holding pressing wiimote minus
button. But the language of the system setup menu is Japanese because the messages are originated from PC-9801.
When you quit this emulator, you can resume by checking resume check-box in the Configure menu.
You can configurate the allocations from keyboard keys to wiimote buttons by editing /np2/np2.cfg file (no user interface). If you want to change the allocations, change the numbers of wpad_button_? (?=a, b, plus, minus, 1, 2, right, left, down, up, fleft, and fright) according to the numbers in key_numnerlist.txt file.
1) When running for the first time, this emulator will automatically convert the true-type font (default.ttf), sazanami free font, to font.tmp. This conversion makes you wait for several minutes. But, once it has completed the conversion, this emulator does not make you wait. If you want to use another font, delete /np2/font.tmp and /np2/default.ttf, and copy your favorite true-type font to /np2 directory as 'default.ttf'.
2) The game roms can be selected only in /np2/.(Because of libfat .....,and my poor programming ability ;-)
3) The bottom of screen is black (640x80). (Bacause SDL library support the popular size (640x480) perfectly, but NEC traditional size (640x400) maybe be not well supported.)
np21.dol: Please guess what this executable file is. The np21 emulates 80386 CPU while the np2 emulates 80286 CPU. The np21 may execute some games that cannot be exuecuted by np2.
Brief Change Log
- Aug. 28, 2011, ver. 0.83 beta6
- Increase samples number in sound library of SDL (maybe better sound)
- Aug. 14, 2011, ver. 0.83 beta5
- Recompile with recent devkitPPC and libogc
- More stable mount for ISO58 usb2 fast access
- Aug. 15, 2010, ver. 0.83 beta4
- Recompile for recent HBC1.0.8 and recenet libogc (I don't know using IOS58 for USB2)
- Jan. 4, 2010, ver. 0.83 beta3
- Support USB storage
- Fix some paths
- Nov. 07, 2009, ver. 0.83 beta2
- Recompile by devkitPPC-r19 and libfreetype2.3.11 (sources are not changed)
- Oct. 18, 2009, ver. 0.83 beta1
- Recompile by SDL-Wii-r81
- Support play by Classic & Gamecube controllers
- Improve selecting disk-file
- Oct. 7, 2009 ver. 0.83 alpha7
- some minor changes
- Oct. 2, 2009 ver. 0.83 alpha6
- support states save & load
- support snapshot (bmp and gif)
- Sep. 26, 2009 ver. 0.83 alpha5
- based on ver. 0.83 core
- compile np21 (maybe 9821 emulator)
- Sep. 19, 2009 ver. 0.81a alpha5
- can change allocations from keyboard keys to wiimote buttons
- Sep. 11, 2009 ver. alpha4
- allocate some keybord keys to wiimote buttons
- Sep. 4, 2009 ver. 0.81a alpha3
- Manipulation of the menu by wiimote instead of USB-mouse
- Sep. 2, 2009 ver. 0.81a alpha2
- Recompile for no use of Japanese message in the menu
- Sep. 1, 2009 ver. 0.81a alpha1
- Initial release (a part of messages of menu is in Japanese)
- Original developer of np2
- Many developers of the libraries and systems tools such as libogc, SDL-wii, etc..