|License||GNU Lesser General Public Licence|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
TetriCycle is Tetris projected onto a cylindrical surface. Rotate the cylinder left/right such that the descending piece falls into place.
TetriCycle can be distributed freely and should never be charged for.
- 1 Media
- 2 Controls
- 3 Forwarder Channel
- 4 Source Code
- 5 Documentation
- 6 Bugs & Suggestions
- 7 How to add new powerups
- 8 Development Log
- 9 Credits
In Game Controls
Any combination of the following control schemes can be used by up to 4 players.
- Point at a powerup and hold to grab it. Drag it onto the target player and release to drop it.
- "shake" indicates a quick downward movement, causing an acceleration along the z-axis.
- Any player can pause the game.
|Rotate block (opposite direction)|
|/||Rotate cylinder left/right|
|/ shake||/ shake||Hard drop|
Edit Playfield Controls
- Point at a label and press to increment the value.
- Point at a label and press to decrement the value.
You can download a forwarder channel here.
- Important: If you load the game using the forwarder channel, then you must exit the game using the option "Exit to Wii Menu", or else you will crash your Wii.
- There's no reason to download the forwarder channel (unless you're bored and want to see what I look like), but I had fun making it.
- I used CustomizeMii, which is a great piece of software!
Bugs & Suggestions
If you notice any bugs, or wish to contribute in any way, please post on the Issues page.
How to add new powerups
See the Powerup Creation page.
- 9th Release: 10/20/10
- Added a Mirror powerup.
- Added a Speed Up powerup.
- Added a Junk Piece powerup.
- 8th Release: 10/19/10
- Added classical mode (for classic tetris).
- The Player Profiles 'rotation' label now has a 'piece' option that allows you to move the piece instead of moving the playfield; this is similar to classical mode, except that the piece is allowed to wrap around in cylindrical mode.
- The Player Profiles 'guide' label now has a 'line' option, so when selecting the guide mode, you can choose between a shadow piece, or a guide line.
- 7th Release: 9/30/10
- Source code is now available!
- 6th Release: 8/19/10
- Added sound FX.
- Added powerups to multiplayer. Please enjoy!
- This game will be open sourced soon, at which point you can add your own powerups.
- 5th Release: 7/26/10
- Handicap options (for a more competitive multiplayer experience)
- Editable playfield (width, scale, position, cylindrical angle)
- 4th Release: 7/19/10
- Shadow option -- see where the current piece will drop.
- Preview option -- see what the next piece will be.
- Multiplayer looks better. Each playfield is drawn from the same perspective, but with a shifted viewport.
- 3rd Release: 4/5/10
- Better menus.
- Ability to reverse the direction in which the Tetris cylinder rotates.
- Initial Release: 12/6/09
- I consider this release "pre-alpha", as it's not yet feature complete, but homebrew tends not to follow the typical product development cycle; thus, this is the first "beta" release.
- Thanks to DesktopMan for sharing his source: Tetris Wii
- Thanks to Sonicdude41 for the idea: Tetris on a Cylindrical Surface
- Thanks to WaxyPumpkin72 for the HBC icon.
- Thanks to ZombieWatercrest for the higher quality video.
- Thanks to Leathl for his CustomizeMii utility.
- Thanks to Tantric for his awesome Libwiigui library.
- Menu music is from tetricycle by dj dimz.
- Various Tetris images ripped from the internet.
- And of course, thanks to all the people who've made Wii homebrew possible.