|Author(s)||emu_kidid, sepp256, tehpola|
|Licence||GNU GPL v2|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
|Downloadable via the Open Shop Channel|
WiiSX is a PSX emulator for the Nintendo GameCube & Wii brought to you by Wii64Team (emu_kidid, sepp256, tehpola). It is based on various PCSX code bases, see the credits section for specifics.
Progress & Updates
- Check out http://www.emulatemii.com for the latest news on the progress of this emulator, featuring regular updates and in-depth technical posts on the progress and current features. If you like this emulator, please donateand support the team!
The emulator can be controlled with any combination of GC controllers, Classic Controllers, Wiimotes with Nunchuks and even just Wiimotes. See the included readme for details on the controls. You can load ROMs and saves from a FAT formatted SD or USB (details on the folders required are in the readme).
WiiSXR is a mod of WiiSX, which has more compatibility with games and improves on emulation. The last version was on October 1st, 2017.
WiiSXRX is a farther mod of WiiSX based off of the existing WiiSXR mod, which has even more compatibility with games and further improves on emulation. The last version was on December 27th, 2022.
We don't want to discourage other people forking and working on the emulator; however, any unofficial builds must not be called "WiiSX" or "CubeSX" nor use the WiiSX or CubeSX logo in order to avoid confusion. For now, we're just releasing a snapshot of the source used to build Beta 2.1, but we're planning on updating the public repository with each commit we've made to our private repository so that everyone can see the progression of the code. This process will begin soon.
Current Release & Known Issues
- Beta 2.1 was released on July 11th 2010, which addresses various bugs reported in the July 3rd Beta 2.0 release.
- CDDA audio streaming is not implemented
- .CUE is not working from DVD, select the .bin directly
- Final Fantasy VII crashes Dynarec (after first battle)
- There was a possible mediaplayer bug, should be to use this ePSXe v170 they looks like that a earlier ePSXe build.
Currently Achieved Features
- Emulation via Dynamic Recompilation & Interpreter
- Software Rendered Graphics with GX scaling
- SPU and XA Stereo Audio
- Input via Gamecube & Classic Controller & Wiimote + Nunchuck & Wiimote
- Input Emulation for DualShock Controllers (Both Standard & Analog Modes)
- Vibration Feedback
- Configurable input combinations
- DVD/USB/SDGecko/Front-SD/Samba ISO Loading
- Memory Cards
- Save States
- Progressive/Widescreen Resolution
To-do (In order of importance)
- Increase Compatibility
- Improve Speed
- Hardware Accelerated Graphics
Extract the contents of wiiSX-beta2.1.zip to the root of your SD card/USB
Put ISOs (.bin/.cue files) in the directory named /wiisx/isos (All save types will automatically be placed in /wiisx/saves)
For actual BIOS: Name your bios files "SCPH1001.BIN" and "SCPH1002.BIN" and place them on SD/USB in the directory /wiisx/bios
ISOs may be anywhere on the disc
Load the executable from the HBC or in the loader of your choice
Once loaded, select 'Load ISO'
Choose the source (SD/USB/DVD/Samba)
Select the ISO to load (Note: to go up a directory select '..', B will exit the file browser)
Select 'Play Game' to play
To exit game press:
(Note: this must be done to save your game; it will not be done automatically)
- Native Saves Device: Choose where to load and save native game saves
- Save States Device: Choose where to load and save save states
- Select CPU Core: Choose whether to play games with interpreter
- (better compatibility) or dynarec (better speed)
- Save settings.cfg: Save all of these settings either SD or USB
- (to be loaded automatically next time from the device you launch WiiSX with)
- Show FPS: Display the framerate in the top-left corner of the screen
- Screen Mode: Select the aspect ratio of the display; 'Force 16:9' will pillar-box the in-game display
Input / Controls
- Controls are now fully configurable so any button on your controller can be mapped
- The controller configuration screen presents each PSX DualShock button and allows you to toggle through sources
- There are 4 configuration slots for each type of controller
- To load a different, previously saved configuration, select the slot, and click 'Load'
- After configuring the controls as desired, select the slot, and click 'Save'
- After saving different configurations to the slots, be sure to save your configs in the input tab of the settings frame
- Clicking 'Next Pad' will cycle through the PSX controllers assigned
- There is an option to invert the Y axis of the DuakShock's analog stick(s); by default this is 'Normal Y'
- The 'Menu Combo' configuration allows you to select a button combination to return to the menu
- Configure Input: Select controllers to use in game
- Configure Buttons: Enter the controller configuration screen described above
- PSX Controller Type: Select whether the DualShock controller is in 'analog' mode or not. Many games won't work unless the mode is 'standard'.
- Save Button Configs: Save all of the controller configuration slots to SD or USB
- Auto Load Slot: Select which slot to automatically be loaded for each type of controller
- Disable Audio: Select to mute the sound
- Disable XA: Select to mute XA audio
- Auto Save Native Saves: When enabled, the emulator will automatically load saves from the selected device and save when returning to the menu or turning off the console
- Copy Saves: Not yet implemented
- Delete Saves: Not yet implemented
- A mix of Gamecube Controllers and Wiimote with or without classic controller or nunchucks may be used to support up to 2 players at once
- TODO: add the rest of the default configurations (Wiimote+Nunchuck, ...)
- ISOs can be in any format, .bin/.cue/.img/.ccd
- ISOs may be loaded via SDGecko / Front-SD / USB / DVD / Samba
- ISOs must be placed in a directory named "/wiisx/isos/" on the SDCard
- ISOs can be placed anywhere if using a DVD
- Samba configuration must be entered into settings.cfg
- There is memcard save support for the SDGecko, Front-SD, USB and Gamecube Memory Card
- Save state support is only for the SDGecko, Front-SD and USB
- To save, you must have a directory named "/wiisx/saves/" in the root directory
Finally, there is a support forum located on emu_kidid's site, so if you are having trouble with Beta 2.1, please seek help there before submitting issues to the Google code tracker. You can also join in and discuss the project with other users there.
* General Coder: emu_kidid * Graphics & Menu Coder: sepp256 * Core Coder: tehpola * Artwork: drmr * pcsx team * pcsx-df * pcsx 1.5-test3 mac version by Gil Pederson * P.E.Op.S. PSX GPU * franspu * CDRMooby * SSSPSX * Compiled using devkitPPC r21 and libogc
* Visit us on EmulateMii and the GoogleCode page.