Thanks for this :) Works fine with monkey1 and indy3 in fmtowns versions. Only issue is that it wont return to the sd loader after starting a game . It Returns properly with l+r from the scumm menu , but not from within a game . Also ,the quit game button crashes the app , and locks it up .
l+r returns for me, and monkey island 2 works aswell :), quit make sit crash though :(
- yeah, there is a crash when selecting "quit" on the scummvm gui. it doesn't happen on all games and it's related to the audio thread. press Z on the gamecube pad to jump from the libogc exception hander to the loader. dhewg 08:58, 2 April 2008 (PDT)
I tried Full Throttle and it ran fine except for crashing every so often due to memory issues.
Thaks for the app guys !!!, it works awesomely, i'm sure a lot of people have been waiting for something like this for a long time. I can't wait until wiimote support arrives ;)... I tried monkey island 1, the cdrom version, and although it worked perfectly, the guybrush sprites seemed to have a little color bug, the white pixels looked black, but it only happened with guybrush, all the other white stuff, looked ok. so... i dunno what is causing that, but wanted to let you guys now. THANKS AGAIN.
- i fixed the palette bug in the "test2" version - i hope ;) dhewg 05:18, 4 April 2008 (PDT)
[DjoeN] I uploaded a better youtube movie of scummvm in action (using the "Flight of the Amazon Queen" game) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3w51L0RDbU
Pitty you can't play the game cause the menu interface to pick up things etc... is greyed out
- i dont see anything wrong there, the icons seem to only have that one state dhewg 09:24, 21 April 2008 (PDT)
- 1 Feature requests
- 2 Wiimote Support
- 3 Bug reports
- 3.1 ScummVM test 2
- 3.1.1 Auto-save/Saving in general
- 3.1.2 Bug report 1
- 3.1.3 Loom (FM-TOWNS) crashes
- 3.1.4 No speech in Sam & Max (CD)
- 3.1.5 Monkey Island crashes
- 3.1.6 Day of the Tentacle
- 3.1.7 Simon The Sorcerer (DOS CD Version)
- 3.1.8 Source?
- 3.1.9 Monkey Island 3
- 3.1.10 a problem with filenames
- 3.1.11 Monkey Island CD Version
- 3.1.12 Goblins Quest 3
- 3.2 ScummVM rev32231
- 3.1 ScummVM test 2
The gamecube control is too responsive with Sam And Max Hit the Road (Non CD version). Sometimes is hard to select the right spot on the screen. A button on the GC Controller to make the pointer go slower or a Mouse Sensitivity settings would be nice.
- the gc controller is only a temporary solution until we have stable wiimote libs. i dont know if we should keep the gc controls (depends if a gc version makes sense). until that is resolved i dont plan to improve the gc pad code. dhewg 09:24, 21 April 2008 (PDT)
PAL60 + RGB Mode
Can you please adapt ScummVM to PAL60 mode + RGB cable to avoid red tinted screen? Genesis Plus guys made it (suppose you can ask them how) so we europeans using this config didn't have to switch to composite cable or 50Hz mode everytime we wanted to use homebrew.
- i already fixed that, will be in the next version. dhewg 09:24, 21 April 2008 (PDT)
Is posible to add usb keyboard support? Some games need more keys & buttons (example: Indiana Jones and the last Crusade).
Am I being ignorant of how far wii homebrew has gotten by asking how long it will take for wiimote support to be added?
- see wiiuse.net, its just not stable enough. dhewg 09:24, 21 April 2008 (PDT)
Hi, there's a wiimote-enabled version of scumm vm floating around - I read it was somehow leaked. Is that correct, and is it true the 'final' version is to be realeased soon? Thanks
- It wasn't leaked per se, but it is not a 'true final version' either as the wiimote support is not complete. Para 12:38, 5 May 2008 (PDT)
According to wiiuse.net it is now stable. Any plans to include it now? Great work!
ScummVM test 2
Auto-save/Saving in general
My copy of ScummVM was set to auto-save games every five minutes. Every five minutes, my game would halt, with a litte errer message on the screen, stating a failure in saving the game. The same thing happens when trying to save games as well. Any fixes coming soon, or am I doing something wrong in the paths or something? -Yaanu 15:02, 31 May 2008 (PDT)
Bug report 1
The test 2 isn't loading on my system (PAL Wii, 3.2E). It begins to load the ELF file then crashes. I've tried with sdelfload and with scummvm as boot.elf. Here is some loading log:
loading section .header @ 0x80003f00 (0x000000e4 bytes) loading section .init [...] [...] loading section .sdata [...] clearing section .sbss [...] clearing section .bss [...] entry point: 0x80004000 IOS_ShutdownSubsystems() done _CPU_ISR_Disable() done __exception_closeall() done. Jumping to ep now...
Romanito 03:22, 5 April 2008 (PDT)
- gamecube pad in port 1
- no memory card in slot b (check the READMII again if you have a usbgecko)
- sd card formatted to FAT16
dhewg 03:33, 5 April 2008 (PDT)
It works! Thank you! I had no usbgecko but a memory card in slot B. Thanks for this fine piece of software!
Romanito 03:56, 5 April 2008 (PDT)
Loom (FM-TOWNS) crashes
ScummVM crashed with Loom (FM-TOWNS/FM-TOWNS)
When: after the intro sequence, when the bird breaks through the temple window. The program gets back to the scummvm console.
ERROR: (9:46:0xD98): Cannot read resource
Romanito 16:26, 6 April 2008 (PDT)
- this is a known issue in libfat. sorry, cant do anything about it until that gets fixed. dhewg 09:24, 21 April 2008 (PDT)
No speech in Sam & Max (CD)
There is no speech in Sam & Max. Version tested: CD/French. Works fine in scummvm win32.
Romanito 18:47, 6 April 2008 (PDT)
Wrong, its working ! Use the original file (MONSTER.SOU 219 Mo) Version tested: CD/French
Lechuck Norris 23:58, 6 April 2008 (PDT)
OK, thanks for the tip. My version has a compressed file (MONSTER.SOG, 63Mb) and it doesn't work, so I'm not completely wrong ;)
I'll try with an uncompressed one.
Romanito 05:06, 7 April 2008 (PDT)
- all audio formats should work, but i noticed some problems too. im afraid that's related to big files and a libfat problem. dhewg 09:24, 21 April 2008 (PDT)
Monkey Island crashes
Monkey Island 1 crashed after the sequence where Elaine tells Guybrush to come to her house after he finishes the 3 trials (after the underwater part). I exited to the docks on the left and the game came back to the console. Tested several times, crashed each time. If I exit the docks on the right, it works. Version: CD/DOS/French, ogg tracks.
It also crashes while following the storekeeper to find the Sword Master, when I enter the Fork on the island map.
ERROR: Cannot read resource
Romanito 15:04, 7 April 2008 (PDT)
- libfat again :( dhewg 09:24, 21 April 2008 (PDT)
Day of the Tentacle
CD Version, English. Uncompressed files. I just started up the game and skipped through the opening cut scenes. The "Let's split up, gang!" scene at the beginning was cut short, due to one problem: There were no voices being played at all. I confirmed this using the "Look at book" function, and I saw Bernard's head move for half a second, only to resume its normal position again.
Anyone with DotT want to replicate this, or see if it's just me? -Yaanu 14:40, 27 May 2008 (PDT)
Update, here. I decided this time around to NOT skip the beginning introduction scene, and as it turns out, wherever one of the tentacles is supposed to speak, the sound file from Sam and Max, another game I have on my SD Card, starts to play, and plays from the start each time, as well. I'll try without the S&M game files on my card. -Yaanu 21:20, 30 May 2008 (PDT)
Update 2, here. Without the S&M files on the card, it seems DotT works perfectly, except when looking at the Super Battery plans. The game tries to load a state, fails, and the game screen is stuck with the plans on top and the now unselectable buttons on the bottom. -Yaanu 11:37, 31 May 2008 (PDT)
Simon The Sorcerer (DOS CD Version)
Seems to load OK, only played it for 5 minutes. All we need is some way to implement shortcuts for quitting the game when asked for confirmation ("y" and "n" for english, another ones for other languages), also nedding a "t" key to activate subtitules (I believe it was this one). Voices OK, Music OK, Speech OK.
- i'll look into it, but i think that all options are availabe from the scummvm menu, which is working with the gc pad. dhewg 09:24, 21 April 2008 (PDT)
Is the source code available anywhere? I want to take a look at the changes that have been made, and after all, ScummVM is GPL. -- chrisis 07:57, 21 April 2008 (PDT)
- i didnt release the src because it requires too many patches (even to the toolchain itself). when all requirements are in dkppc/libogc i'll post the src and try to get my work into the scummvm svn. also, im fully aware of the GPL license and handed full src patches to some scummvm dev's. dhewg 09:24, 21 April 2008 (PDT)
- Thanks for the answer! I never doubted, that you would release the source, I only asked, because I didn't find it. Also it's great to hear, that you are going the official way by incorporating the changes into svn in the future. IMHO Point and Click games just scream to be ported to Wii, and ScummVM is my favourite Open Source Project ever :) -- chrisis 10:17, 21 April 2008 (PDT)
Monkey Island 3
Hello! Is anybody working on getting Monkey Island 3 run? Will we ever be able to play it on our wii? Do you know what the problem is? Because its running very fine on the pc-version of ScummVM, and even on PSP.
a problem with filenames
There is a strange bug with ripped CD audio tracks from CD Versions. I had Zak McKracken (FM Towns), Loom (FM Towns) and Indiana Jones 3 (FM Towns) and Monkey Island (CD-ROM) installed but ScummVM used in all 4 games the audio tracks from Loom. After deleting Loom from the SD Card, all remaining 3 games used the tracks from Zak McKracken and so on. My guess is that the ScummVM uses the first audio files it can find and not the ones in their folder. I dont know if ScummVM simply misses the folder and use the first folder it finds instead of the right one or if it grabs the first track with the right name it finds, ending on bad formated SD cards in a funny mixed soundtrack of multiple games.
-- 15:37, 10 May 2008 (PDT)
- Ok, i did some testing and the problem there is that ScummVM loads ANY file with the right name it first finds. So for example, Indiana Jones 4 uses a compressed monster.sog for speech. This works fine as long as no other Scumm Game uses also a monster.sog (for example Sam and Max does this). In the case of the monster.sog, its not so problematic because the game that loads the wrong monster.sog will just have no speech but will sill run but this problem is a big problem at games that uses the old filename system with *.LFL (ScummEngine 1-4, mostly used in the disk era) So Maniac Mainson and Loom (Disk Version) together on a SD Disk do not work. One of these two games will most likely crash at start while the other game will work just fine and because of the defragmentation on the SD its very likely that the working game will crash sometime later during a room change because game A tries to use a LFL-file from game B. -- 16:42, 10 May 2008 (PDT)
Monkey Island CD Version
I have Monkey Island, the CD version with icons rather than text for items. I copied the folders (MONKEY1 and MONKEY2) onto my SD Card, and sound with Monkey Island 2 works perfectly, but with Monkey Island 1, I don't get any music, only sound effects. Any idea? 188.8.131.52 06:24, 25 May 2008 (PDT)
Goblins Quest 3
There are some scrolling issues , they seem to be related to the pointer as it is very sticky, and it seems to unable to point far enough to the left part of the screen , making it unable to scroll left at all(or almost). Its also very hard to quit, again it seems the cursor doesn't go far enough to trigger the pull-down menu. There's a zone all around the screen where the cursor seems to stick. It also seemed to be a bit better in test 2 version. I used the version included with homebrew channel. Roamin 16:43, 28 May 2008 (PDT)
Monkey 1 PC CD + Zak McKracken FMTowns
I Have both Monkey 1 Italian CD version and Zak McKracken FMTowns in /scummvm/ in 2 separete folders, both games have cd audio tracks ripped in ogg format. When I launch Zack, everithing goes fine, hwen I launch Monkey Island the game runs as it sholud but it plays the ogg from Zak's folder! I'm using Homebrew channel App version.
- Known. Muzer 03:02, 31 May 2008 (PDT)
- Look at "problem with filenames", i also reported that bug. The same bug also happens then you use later SCUMM games with speech files. At the moment the only solution i know is to only use one game at time with CD-music or speech files. -- 11:57, 1 June 2008 (PDT)