ThemeShooter is a small application made to allow HBC theme creators to create screenshots of their themes to put on the HBC theme repository here. ThemeShooter is Windows only, however there is a cross-platform, Python based version as well called ThemeshooterTK
Very simple. Just run ThemeShooter.exe and click "Browse", then select the theme.zip you want to screen shot. Then click "Make screenshot" and select where to save the screenshot.
If the screenshots the app generates don't have text on them, try right-clicking ThemeShooter.exe and choosing "Run as Administrator". This should only be necessary one time, to install the fonts. On subsequent runs, running normally should suffice.
Screenshot of program
Sample theme screenshot
- Add choice of background/background_wide and apps_list/apps_grid
- Add preview of theme as well as screenshot
- Randomize bubbles position/scaling/rotation
- Add other screens
- Accept only correctly sized images
ThemeshooterTK is a cross-platform, Python based clone of ThemeShooter made by HoKaze.
Currently it cannot save screenshots, and previews them instead, so you must do a screengrab and crop to save it. Also text alpha is not supported.
As of version 0.03 text alpha has been implemented and tested with a few themes. Version 0.04 allows for both previews and screenshot generation.
It can be downloaded here : Themeshootertk.zip
- Text implemented, including colour read from theme.xml
- Some positioning made more accurate
- Improved "the Homebrew Channel" text
- Missing images replaced with ones from "Dark Waters v2" theme by NeoRame, with exception of background.png, which MUST be present
- Initial release
- All images implemented, no text
- Thanks to tic (Tariq Porter) for his GDI+ Library - http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32238
- Thanks to Titan for XPath library - http://www.autohotkey.net/~Titan/#xpath
- Team Twiizers for HBC
- 7zip.org for 7za.exe
- NeoRame for "Dark Waters v2" theme
- bg4545 for improved hbc.png
- HoKaze for ThemeshooterTK