Talk:Visual Boy Advance GX/Archive 1
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
I have only monochrome picture...i can t have it in color...i tried everything - loading bios,more roms, nothing.ANybody has this problem too? Can somebody help me?
Where/how are you supposed to get the GBA BIOS?
- You don't actually need it, it's only for those people who desparately want to see the GameBoy logo at the beginning. Although, I think you don't need it, this port might be different. Just try running it without it. Muzer 03:01, 31 May 2008 (PDT)
- I've found out the only time you need it is when running GBA Linux. Other than that it is not required. Muzer 04:42, 31 May 2008 (PDT)
This only emulates GBA?
i though Visual Gameboy ADVANCE (vgba) emulated any gameboy console.
It apparently emulates other Gameboys if you change the extention of the ROM to .gba. Not tested it yet though.
POSSIBLE PROBLEM: On PAL it appears to display in black and white. When the Wii homebrew scene first started this was a big problem, but it had appeared to have been corrected until now. I think it might be something to do with the PAL60 mentioned in this article? How would I fix it?
Anybody else notice strange coloring? I tried Final Fantasy 4 Advance and it was like Red and Blue were switched. Cecil was red colored. The king and torches were blue. Deozaan 14:49, 2 June 2008 (PDT)
- Today I tryed it with PAL60 + RGB cable and it's Black&red. I think you must add auto video mode detection (there are many applications that uses it). Also, a graphical GUI would be appreciated --TC 03:16, 23 June 2008 (CEST)
- I've had this problem in general for a while now, with component (RGB) cables on an NTSC Wii. Strangely, the problem sometimes goes away if I remove my Gamecube CONTROLLER (not memory card, which I'm not even using). Not always, but it seems to sometimes help. But in many cases, I too end up playing Fire Emblem or Super Robot Taisen: ZA WARUDO edition where the colors are inverted, heh heh. GespenstM 11:02 PM CST, 22 June 2008
Way to fix sound in some games
So I tried to play the game "Rhythm Tengoku", and the sound didn't work too well, you could hear some minor sound effects, but that was pretty much it. For some reason, I changed the sound settings (in the game's menu) to mono, and now it works like it's supposed to. I guess some games need to be set in mono or else the sound won't work. I didn't test that with different games, but this works with Rhythm Tengoku. -19:23, 31 May 2008
- Thanks, the music works now, but the quality isn't very good. For people who don't know Japanese, it is the last option on the main menu, then the first option. Felix123 22:01, 2 June 2008 (PDT)
Gameboy/Gameboy Color games are extremely slow
I'm experiencing major slowdowns (About 3x slower) while playing Gameboy/Gameboy Color games with this emulator. GBA games work fine with only very minor lags.
Pokemon Green (Gameboy), Pokemon Gold (Gameboy Color), Pokemon Emerald (GBA, works fine).
Anyone else having these problems? Any way to fix?
Reply: Yes i have Problems with all Pokemon Games which are 4 GBA(Emerald,saphir,firered...)
is it maybe because of i´m using the German version...cause i´m from Germany?
--LIJI 11:46, 10 July 2008 (CEST)
When I first decided to test this out, I threw a .GB Pokemon Red version in there. When I launched it, it automatically loaded Red, and SEEMED to be working properly, but none of the controller inputs were recognized. So I put another ROM in there, (.gba Pokemon FireRed), and then selected Pokemon Red from the list of ROMs, and this time it worked properly. It's not that big of an issue really, just something to note. VGMoose 18:18, 12 August 2008 (CEST)
Savegame issues with GBA Pokemon
When attempting to save your game in Pokèmon FireRed or LeafGreen, you are presented with a save error (in Game). When attempting to write a Savestate with the Emu, it Says Save OK! But the Save is not OK. when you restart the game, your save is lost. it is written to the sd card but it is not loaded when the game starts. Can this be fixed. Will this be fixed. How can I help.
Best gameboy emulator for Wii?
RIN Wii, Gnuboy GX or VBA. How do they compare?
I put some roms into the roms file. But when I start VBA it says no ROM files in /VBA/ROMS Someone plz help me.
REPLY: Yayz i found out - for some reason which is totally unreasonable and unkown the VBA searches in YOURSDCARD\VBA\ROMS - so make a folder in root of your SD cart "VBA and in that folder make folder ROMS,SAVES and BIOS.Put your files into ROMS folder.And enjoy.
Loading New Roms
Is it really that hard to make it easier (With no need to exit) to load new roms? JMicDizz 15:14, 05 September 2008 (EST)