|Release Date||December 7, 2012 (CA)|
November 17, 2013 (US)
March 15, 2013 (EU)
|Ports||1 USB port|
|Usecases||Affordable "economy" model|
|System Menu Version(s)||System Menu 4.3-Mini|
The Wii mini is a cheaper revision of the Wii, released in 2013. Due to the lack of an SD slot and internet capability, none of the previous exploits worked. Currently, the only working exploit is Bluebomb, which uses the USB port and bluetooth interface.
Many stub IOSes do not appear to be installed on the Wii Mini, which seems to be due to the fact that the Wii Mini does not perform updates from discs outside the factory. Installing older IOSes will most likely not work anyway, because all normal IOSes attempt to initialize the WiFi module on boot.
Ethernet can be enabled on the Wii mini by running Ethernet Enabler. This is due to the fact that the ethernet drivers are still present in the Wii mini, despite not being usable from the System Menu.
Installing a normal System Menu
- Download System Menu 4.3 for your region using NUS Downloader.
- Download and apply an IOS80-nowifi patch.
- Download DOP-Mii onto your USB stick.
- Install IOS80-nowifi using DOP-Mii.
- This step is crucial, as a normal System Menu attempts to test WiFi immediately when it boots, which fails on the Wii mini since it does not have WiFi support.
- DO NOT install the wrong IOS! Doing so will probably brick the Wii Mini, even if you do not install a normal System Menu.
- Install the downloaded System Menu using DOP-Mii.
BootMii can only be installed as an IOS on the Wii mini. Additionally, BootMii requires an SD slot and reset button to be wired to the console, since USB is not supported. However, several people have done this before, and there are test points for the SD slot, which are shown below on the hardware diagram
Discussion and Support
Support for the Wii Mini can be found on Discord.
- The System Menu has SD card and networking functionality removed
- All IOSes have their automatic WiFi connection removed, and set to very high version numbers (specifically 100 major versions ahead of their RVL-101 versions)
- Most stub IOSes have been removed, since older IOSes will not boot due to the WiFi module never responding
- Wii Electronic Manual has been added
- Photo Channel, Forecast Channel, News Channel, and Wii Shop Channel have been removed