When will this be ready? (or) How do you use this program? I can't find anything on how to use it.
You have to compile it from source if you are using Windows. (This is done with Cygwin). I will try to include an exe soon. This probably won't happen (I can't get the windows cross-compiler to work). The steps are quite simple on Cygwin:
- Google search, download the setup.exe
- On the package installation screen, check openssl and openssl-dev as well as gcc and binutils (they should all be under "development"). Also, get make if it's there.
- Unpack the archive in "C:\cygwin\home\`your username`", open bash, and type make.
That should be all. (Next version might have an exe, if I can get rid of openssl)
This is old information, and no longer applies. Instead:
- Download Python for your OS at [python.org].
- Download the appropriate modules, if they are not included. The modules you need are:
- Use one of the command line options by typing: python wii.py [options], or start the interactive console and import the functions with 'import wii'.
This is all I'll say; if you need more help using Python, get it from Google.
Not working in Windows
Wii Signer is not working on Windows (nor in wine).
In addition to the path where it looks for the common-key is unix-specific (windows may not have a HOME variable set, but this is addressable with os.path.expanduser(~)) wii signer is unable to unpack wads in windows or wine. Test in wine if you haven't acces to a windows machine. I would like to help making it crossplatform, but as it seems to fail in the encryption/low-level file handling code (thing too obscure for me) I don't even know where to start.