Talk:Wii System Updates
"Downgrading" using AnyTitleDeleter?
When attempting to delete IOS51... or any title, for that matter, using AnyTitleDeleter, I receive several errors. Has anyone come up with a workaround yet? That "Format Wii System Memory" button is looking kinda friendly right about now...--Zim 22:53, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
- As the article says, the team is working on a workaround. Kinda sucks that you updated =( Also, I doubt Nintendo would make downgrading as easy as formatting the memory. As far as I know, only the NAND is formatted, and the IOS isn't stored on the NAND. But, I dont know much about this, so dont yell at me. oops_ur_dead 23:08, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
- Fail, did you even read the notice? AnyTitle Deleter installs fakesigned content temporarily and deletes it when you quit. So it can't work. Muzer 23:13, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
- It's not IOS51 that is causing the trouble (neither was IOS37 a few month back) so deleting it won't help end the 'doomsday'. Also Formatting WILL NOT downgrade the Wii, it will just delete the channels and save games (and leave the tickets behind so Nintendo still can find you pirate :p ) Stevey 01:02, 24 October 2008 (UTC)
- Anybody know exactly what IOS51 does? Could you also explain basically what an IOS is? I want to find out, but the IOS article isnt too helpful.oops_ur_dead 02:26, 24 October 2008 (UTC)
- @Muzer- Actually, I updated before the notice was released. I guess that it would have been wise to wait for information, though. @ Everyone else - Thanks for letting me know that an attempt to format my Wii would be sad and pointless, and only cause more suffering. --Zim 21:56, 24 October 2008 (UTC)
- Man I didn't even think about it fucking things up because it said update to the Shop Channel. I hope I'm not screwed. I heard something you could buy the was an external motherboard you could attatch with a swith and run an older firm ware. Anyone know whats or how to get/use it? Thanks. - Flablebable (I know my paragraph is messed up, blame my wii.)
- Zim:- AnyTitle Deleter is encountering errors because of the new signing fix. There is a somewhat long-winded solution to Remove October 23 Update, if you have the time and the patience (it also requires cIOS to have been installed before you updated). Or you can sit tight and wait for some new homebrew that isn't affected by the new update and use that instead. As Muzer said, AnyTitle Deleter temporarily installs fakesigned content (which is blocked by the new update) and that is why it no longer works. Seiferoth 28 October 2008 02:30 GMT
Any way of downgrading? If so, please tell. --Flablebable 8:50EST 11/9/08
Programs which download IOS from server
Because programs such as PatchMii downloaded a copy of a certain IOS (IOS36) from the Nintendo update server, wouldnt they theoretically not work properly anymore, because they would download the fixed version of IOS from the servers? oops_ur_dead 21:00, 24 October 2008 (UTC)
- I just ran tona's cIOS installer v5 out of paranoia of my Wii being accidentally upgraded, and as far as I can tell it worked fine and installs with no errors. Although I have no way of testing to see if the /dev/flash access or signing bug is still intact until someone rewrite YaWnD to read from a cIOS...Stevey 21:37, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
- oops_ur_dead:- If you have not yet updated, most of these programs will still work fine. Programs that download and patch the IOSes will still work (for example, AnyRegion Changer or Starfall). However, if the program you are using just installs a straight copy of the downloaded IOS then you will run into problems because you will then have a new (fixed) IOS installed on your Wii. If you have already updated, then these programs will not work (in which case I would advise Remove October 23 Update). Seiferoth 28 October 2008 02:25 GMT
- Stevey:- cIOS Installer works (if you haven't updated) because it patches the downloaded IOS before it is installed (if it were the other way around (i.e. install then patch) it would not work). Also, if you tried to install this after the update, it would not work. Seiferoth 28 October 2008 02:25 GMT
Games with mandatory system updates
Hi there. I'm currently trying to run the PAL version of Wii Music on my PAL Wii (nothing suspicious going on, I pre-ordered and clearly the store sent them out early). It, like other games (Mario Kart, Samba) has a system update on the disc which must be installed before the game will run. I assume it's got menu 3.3 on it, my Wii is 3.2, but I'm worried in case it tries to install IOS51 too. I currently have the patched IOS51 available on this site, as well as the HBC and the patched shop update, but no other unofficial software on my Wii. Has anyone (PAL or NTSC) got Wii Music to run yet without losing all their homebrew? Does anyone know which update is included on the disc? Is it just menu 3.3 or is IOS51 on there too? I've googled and the only people having trouble seem to be people with mod chips and people trying to run illegal copies of Music, but although my copy of Music is legal and I have no mod chip, I'm still a little paranoid and would be grateful for some advice from someone more experienced and knowledgable than myself. Thanks in advance. AshMHB 16:41, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
- Use Gecko OS. LoganA 00:05, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks, worked like a charm! AshMHB 17:09, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
Mii channel installer iso crack or whatever and others that use nintendos servers to update
Couldn't these updates that use nintendo's servers to update the ios without full update be easily blocked by nintendo. This could easily be fixed by nintendo with no notice on there server end not our wii end. They could just simply change the file the mii channel updateer downloads a little and remove the ios and stuff in some way just by a simple change without our notice. If you no what i mean sorry for grammar.
Yo, does the 3.4 update automatically install, or is it that once you manually update it, it allows for autoupdates from there on? I can't find any sources that verify if it does or not. I apologize for my jumbled grammar, but alas, I'm not sure how to word it well. Thx in advance. (also, bring it to my attention if you have no idea what the hell i just said)
My Wii is trying to force me to update.
So everytime i try to play any game or go to the News Channel, my Wii says i have to update. I even tried playing Wii Sports, the one that came with my wii, it trys to make me update. I have been using WiiMu to play games. Im running on System Version 3.2U. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.