2.0 was a "day 1 update" for the Wii that activated common features, and the first System Menu that had major region differences; the only region differences in System Menu 1.0 was a bug where the U region loaded channels faster, a bug with AOSS that was fixed in IOS10, and that there was region-specific code to download the correct update.
November 19, 2006 (rev01)
- Ability to read/write data on an SD card
- Addition of "Country Settings" option
- Addition of "System Update" option (previously, updates could only be done by performing a connection test)
- Ability to arrange downloaded channels on the Wii Menu
- Ability to set "parental controls" to restrict online activities
- News Channel and Forecast Channel "Enter Settings" buttons have been replaced with "Update" buttons.
- Updated BC and MIOS
- Switched NUS connections to HTTPS[check]
November 30, 2006 (rev02)
December 19, 2006 (rev03)
- Activated the functionality of the Forecast Channel, as data had not been sent to it before this point
January 26, 2007 (rev04)
- Activated the News Channel in a similar method to that of the Forecast Channel
February 13, 2007 (rev05)