System Menu 3.0
|System Menu 3.0|
|Release date||August 06, 2007 August 06, 2007|
|System Menu IOS||IOS30|
|Preceded by||System Menu 2.2|
|Succeeded by||System Menu 3.1|
This version of the system menu updated channels to now display data gathered by WC24 (Weather, News). Clock display. The Wii Message Board button will now flash when a message arrives. You can now rearrange the order of your Wii Friends in the address book, scroll the message text by pressing the B button on the message screen. It was first distributed with Super Mario Galaxy.
August 06, 2007
- Added AOSS support for networking
- Fixed bugs in the Wii LAN Adapter
- Disabled several modchips and other boot devices
- The weather forecast for your selected region will now be displayed on the Forecast Channel icon in the Wii Menu.
- Headline news will now be displayed on the News Channel icon in the Wii Menu.
- The current time will now be displayed in the Wii Menu.
- The area around the Wii Message Board button will now flash when a message arrives.
- You're now able to rearrange the order of your Wii Friends in the address book.
- You're now able to go into the Wii Friends registration screen by pressing the A Button on a blank spot in the address book.
- Envelope message icons will now appear on the calendar only on the dates when a message is received.
- Your message sending history will now be displayed in Today's Accomplishments.
- You can now scroll the message text by pressing the B button on the message screen.
- The search function on Virtual Console has been enhanced in Wii Shop Channel.
If you have a System Menu below 3.2 and wish to upgrade, use AnyRegion Changer to update.
WARNING: Be advised that if your system is shipped with 4.0 preinstalled, you can not downgrade and will brick your console.